A. ADD Treatment Without Medication
The Secret To Treatment ADD Without Medication, stimulant medications are the mainstream answer to children and adults with ADD. In fact, the U.S. could be the #1 prescriber of stimulant medications, representing 80 – 85% in the world’s consumption! This is no secret in the medical community; so why are stimulant medications are extremely prevalent inside U.S.? A couple of comparisons between the U.S. and France could help shed some light on the subject.Is It Really ADD, Or Something Else?
ADD is frequently treated with psychostimulant medication alone, or perhaps in conjunction with behavior modification therapy (with low results). In a 5-7 minute office visit, it can be tough to assess every one of the factors.In France, child psychiatrists view ADD like a problem that has psycho-social and situational causes.
Using a holistic method of treating ADD, the French dramatically slow up the variety of psycho-stimulant medications presented to children. Cultural DifferencesCultural differences such as parenting style needs to be included in this comparison as well. According to experts:French parents use a exacting philosophy on discipline and so are prone to provide firm structure while enforcing clear limits.
B. Dietary Factors
Mealtime habits and dietary factors provide just one more point of comparison between the U.S. and France. In the last thirty years, both the quality of food and mealtime habits is different dramatically inside U.S. These days, junk food and junk food are frequently consumed. Families have fallen faraway from eating together and meals are often eaten while on-the-go.
In the Separate “kids menus” are expected and encouraged – children tend not to eat the same foods for their parents. Macaroni and cheese, chicken fingers, and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are certainly not brain healthy! Doctors do not produce a practice of addressing the nutrient deficiency or food sensitivities in the diagnostic and treatment process. Parents and doctors are less aware of how foods modify the brain – then depend upon medications to suppress symptoms.In France:Children tend not to snack for hours on end and must wait to eat using their parents – this encourages better self-control and greater nutrient density in foods they eat. There aren’t “kids menus” in France – children eat what their parents eat. French doctors consider diet being a reason for behavior changes.
Consideration of dietary factors is often a critical area where U.S. doctors have fallen short when diagnosing and treating ADD. Through research, we have discovered that:People who eat high carbohydrate and high sugar diets tend to be impulsive. Foods for example gluten, dairy, and sugar cause inflammation, which decreases the flow of blood on the brain.
We are not instead of medication, with their being often times when medication is appropriate as well as life-saving. However, we are opposed on the indiscriminate utilization of medication, which we’re seeing much more commonly in the new patients who arrived at our clinics.
We evaluate the Bio/Psycho/Social/Spiritual health individuals patients ADD Treatment Without Medication :
1) Biological: How the physical body functions (body).
Treatments: Diet, exercise, supplements, medications, and neurofeedback.
2) Psychological: Developmental issues and thought patterns (your brain).
Treatments: Learning about how to heal past hurts and thinking honestly and clearly.
3) Social: Social support and current life situation (connections).
Treatments: Managing stress and giving you better relationships.
4) Spiritual: What life means (spirit).
Treatments: Getting in touch with a deep a feeling of meaning and purpose.
C. The fact is there are many ADD Treatment Without Medication that can be used before using addictive psychostimulants. They range from the following:
1) Provide a balanced breakfast.
2) Consider the Feingold diet
3) Limit televisionand video games
4) Teach self-talk skills.
5) Find out what interests yourchild.
6) Promote a strong physical education enter in your son or daughter’s school.
7) Enroll your youngster in a very martial arts program.
8) Discover your kid’s multiple intelligences
9) Use music to target and calm.
10) Use color tohighlight information.
11) Teach your kids to visualize.
12) Remove allergensfrom the diet plan.
13) Provide opportunities for physical movement.
14) Enhance yourchild’s self-esteem.
15) Find your kid’s best points in the alertness.
16) Giveinstructions in attention-grabbing ways.
17) Provide many different stimulatinglearning activities.
18) Consider biofeedback training.
19) Activate positivecareer aspirations.
20) Teach your kids physical-relaxation techniques.
21) Useincidental learning how to teach.
22) Support full inclusion of your son or daughter inside aregular classroom.
23) Provide positive role models.
24) Consider alternativeschooling options.
25) Channel creative energy in to the arts.
26) Provide hands-onactivities
27) Spend positive times together.
28) Provide appropriate spaces forlearning.
29) Consider individual psychotherapy.
30) Use touch to soothe and calm.
31) Help your son or daughter with organizational skills.
32) Help your child appreciate thevalue of private effort.
33) Take proper yourself.
34) Teach your youngster focusingtechniques.
35) Provide immediate feedback.
36) Provide your son or daughter with usage ofa computer.
37) Consider family therapy.
38) Teach problem-solving skills.
39) Offer your youngster real-life tasks to perform.
40) Use “time-out” in a very positive way.
41) Help your youngster develop social skills.
42) Contract with your child.
43) Useeffective communication skills.
44) Give your kids choices.
45) Discover andtreat the four kinds of misbehavior.
46) Establish consistent rules, routines,and transitions.
47) Hold family meetings.
48) Have your youngster teach a youngerchild.
49) Use natural and logical consequences.
50) Hold a good image of one’schild.